Explore Hidden Highlights of Wildlife in 10 Days
A tour that allows you to explore the beautiful wildlife of Sri Lanka and experience the cultural wonders of the country.
You will begin your tour in beautiful Chilaw that is adorned with a picturesque lagoon, mangroves and beautiful sunsets.
You will then visit the haven for leopards in Sri Lanka - the Wilpattu National Park for exciting safari adventures at both night and day.
Your next destination will be Polonnaruwa on the way to which you will explore the wonders of the Ritigala Mountain Range. From Polonnaruwa you will make way to the Minneriya National Park which is home to the largest and most special elephant congregation in Sri Lanka. Over 300 elephants unite in this venue during the dry season.
Your next destinations would be the Wasgamuwa and Maduru Oya National parks, both home to an abundance of wildlife including elephants, sloth bears, leopards and birds.
You will continue your journey to knuckles, a truly unique ecosystem in Sri Lanka that represents all of the climatic zones and forests types that is seen in the country.
You will then conclude your tour in beautiful Kandy - a place of true cultural, religious and architectural wonder.
- Arrival and welcome by our representative at the airport
- Transfer to Chilaw and check in at Chilaw hotel
- Relax and unwind
You will be welcomed by our representative at the airport and driven to Chilaw for your first day in Sri Lanka. Chillaw is home to a beautiful lagoon, mangrove-fringed lakes and endless sandy beaches. It is the perfect destination to relax and unwind after a long flight. You may even be able to catch a breathtaking sunset if you arrive towards dusk. You can spend your day in the hotel and prepare for the exciting days ahead.
- Transfer from Chilaw to Wilpattu following breakfast
- Check in at the hotel/camping site in Wilpattu
- Late afternoon safari at Wilpattu National Park
- Overnight stay at the hotel/camping site in Wilpattu
On your second day, you will make way to Wilpattu where you will check in a hotel or camping site. Wilpattu National Park which be your main destination during this day is a unique ecosystem that is dotted with natural villus or lakes. It is the largest National Park in Sri Lanka and home to a spectrum of fauna and flora including 30 mammal species. Some of the main attractions of the park include the leopard, sloth bear, elephants and spotted deer. A late afternoon safari will give you the opportunity to see some of these wonderful species. You can retire to your hotel or camping site after the safari to end the day.
- Full day safari at Wilpattu National Park
- Overnight stay at hotel/camping site in Wilpattu
The next day will be yet another amazing experience in the park. There are endless things to explore in Wilpattu and a full day safari will allow you to see animals that are active at different times of the day, especially a large variety of birds can be seen at both dawn, dusk and mid-day. In addition, a full day safari will increase your chances of seeing the magnificent leopards showcasing different behaviour patterns in Wilpattu.
- Transfer to Polonnaruwa from Wilpattu following breakfast
- En route visit the Ritigala Strict Nature Forest Reserve
- Overnight stay at Polonnaruwa hotel
The next day you will make your way to Polonnaruwa, a cultural gem in Sri Lanka. En route you will visit the Ritigala mountain range which is one of the three strict nature reserves in Sri Lanka. The mountain range harbours three types of forests - tropical montane, dry mixed evergreen and montane forests. This unique union of ecosystems makes it highly rich in biodiversity. After your visit to Ritigala you will continue your journey towards Polonnaruwa and check in at the hotel for the night.
- Visit ancient Polonnaruwa kingdom following breakfast
- Late afternoon safari at the Minneriya National Park
- Overnight stay at Polonnaruwa Hotel
The next day will be spent exploring the wonders of Polonnaruwa. The Polonnaruwa kingdom is home to a large complex of ancient ruins. Visitors can still see certain parts of the meeting halls, throne rooms and ponds used by royalty of ancient Sri Lanka. You have the option of either walking or cycling in order to explore the kingdom. This area is also considered a World Heritage site. One of the most striking features in the destination is the 14 meter buddha statue that is carved out of rock at the Gal Viharaya.
After your visit to the ancient kingdom you will be treated with an exciting safari at the Minneriya National Park. The Minneriya National Park that is situated anchoring the Minneriya tank is an extremely unique eco system since it welcomes the largest congregation of elephants anywhere in Sri Lanka during the dry season. It is also home to a number of other birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians.The bird diversity at the park ranges from migrating waders such as the Woodsand Piper and Kentish Plovers to forest birds like the Malabar-pied Hornbills, Rufus Woodpecker and globally endangered Lesser Adjutant.
You will be returning to the hotel following the safari to relax and prepare for the next day.
- Transfer from Polonnaruwa to Wasgamuwa
- Check in at Wasgamuwa hotel
- Later afternoon safari in Wasgamuwa National Park
- Overnight stay at Wasgamuwa hotel
On your sixth day in Sri Lanka you will visit Wasgamuwa, yet another great destination for observing elephants and other wildlife. Upon your arrival in Wasgamuwa you will check in at the hotel and proceed towards a late afternoon safari at the Wasgamuwa National Park. The park is home to a wide variety of forest birds, mammals, reptiles and amphibians. The name Wasgamuwa was derived through the local word that translates to sloth bear, which is also a species that can be found in the park.
After the safari you will retire to the hotel to relax and prepare for the next day.
- Later afternoon safari at Maduru Oya National Park
- Overnight stay at Wasgamuwa hotel
On the next day you will get to explore another amazing wildlife destination, the Maduru Oya National Park. This park is home to the nocturnal and highly elusive species the slender Loris among other incredible faunal species. You can also see the leopard, sloth bear, purple face leaf monkey and over 100 bird species including the Racket tailed Drongo, Yellow fronted barbet, Sri Lanka Jungle fowl & Spur fowl during your safari in the park.
You will return to your hotel in Wasgamuwa for the night.
- Transfer from Wasgamuwa to Knuckles following breakfast
- Check in at Knuckles hotel
- Evening nature walk at Knuckles Forest Reserve
- Overnight stay at Knuckles hotel
You will leave the excitement of Wasgamuwa and make your way towards beautiful Knuckles.
You will check in to a hotel in Knuckles and enjoy a late evening nature walk through the Knuckles Forest Reserve. This ecosystem is highly unique as it represents all of the climatic zones and forest types that can be seen within Sri Lanka. A wide variety of floral and faunal diversity as well as some stunning views can be seen during this walk.
You can relax and unwind in the comfort of your hotel following the walk.
- Leave for Kandy from Knuckles following breakfast
- Evening visit to the Temple of the Tooth Relic
- Overnight stay in Kandy Hotel
You will arrive in Kandy, the capital of the Central Province of Sri Lanka. This city is home to the Temple of the Tooth Relic which is a UNESCO World Heritage Site and an important destination for buddhist from all parts of the world. The temple which was built in the 19th century is also a place of great architectural beauty.
You will visit this iconic destination during the evening after which you can explore this picturesque city and the culture it has to offer.
After a relaxing breakfast and a final glimpse of beautiful Sri Lanka you will be guided to the airport well before your time of departure.
END OF TOUR
Terms and Conditions
OUR RATES INCLUDE
- Accommodation in the fully serviced mobile tents / hotels mentioned as per the above itinerary on a DOUBLE sharing basis
- Every day breakfast
- Transportation throughout the tour in an A/C Vehicle with an English-speaking chauffeur guide/national guide.
- Jeep safaris at national parks as mentioned in the programme including,Air transfer from Colombo Airport to Mattala Airport
- Entrance fees to national parks
- 4WD Jeep
- Trekker Fee
- Snacks and water during the safari
- Current prevailing Government taxes and service charges
OUR RATES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Meals not mentioned in the programme
- Any extra beverages or food/snacks consumed
- Whale watching boat safari (during summer season – from May to October)
- Optional activity costs
- Any personal effects not mentioned here
- Tips for the staff
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun protection creams etc, are highly recommended
- Suitable casual clothing and footwear for outdoor activities
- Full payment with the confirmation
- 90 Days or more - US $ 200 Administrative Fee
- ·60 to 89 Days - 15% of the tour cost will be charged
- ·30 to 59 Days - 25% of the tour cost will be charged
- 14 to 29 Days - 50% of the tour cost will be charged
- 08 to 13 Days - 75% of the tour cost will be charged
- Less than 7 Days -No refund shall be given