Wildlife Photography Tour 11 Nights/12 Days
The Wildlife Photography tour will take you to many parts of Sri Lanka to experience a variety of ecosystems and observe a range of exotic species.
Your tour will start in Colombo the commercial capital of Sri Lanka which is home to urban wildlife and a burst of culture and excitement.
You will make your way to Deniyaya where you will experience a truly wonderful nature walk at Sinharaja Rain Forest, a UNESCO World Heritage Site and the main biodiversity hotspot in Sri Lanka.
Next you will explore the beautiful waters of Mirissa and witness the might whales, dolphins and other sea creatures.
Your next destinations will be the Kalametiya Bird Sanctuary, Tissamaharama and Yala National Park, all ideal locations to experience the awe inspiring biodiversity of Sri Lanka.
Your will finally arrive at Negombo, a beautiful coastal city in the west part of the country to conclude your tour.
- Arrival and welcome by our representative at the airport
- Transfer to Colombo and check-in at the hotel
- Relax in the hotel/explore Colombo
- Overnight stay at Colombo hotel
Our representative will drive you to Colombo, the commercial capital of Sri Lanka on your arrival at the airport. Your first day will be spent in this vibrant city which has an intriguing history and a range of cultural attractions to offer. It is home to a gamut of cultural and religious sites as well as busy streets and markets adorned with local produce. The city is dotted with buildings that still reflect colonial architecture alongside modern hotels that offer world class hospitality. The largest museum in the country and a number of other unique destinations such as antique stores can be visited during your stay in the city. In addition, Colombo is also home to a wide range of urban wildlife. This makes it the perfect destination to spend your first day in Sri Lanka and to warm up your lenses for an exciting photography tour ahead.
- Breakfast at hotel in Colombo
- Make way to Deniyaya
- Dinner and overnight stay at Deniyaya hotel
After a relaxing night and delicious breakfast at your hotel in Colombo you will make way to Deniyaya. This is yet another iconic destination in Sri Lanka as it is one of the main gateways to the SInharaja rainforest. The rainforest which is a UNESCO Natural World Heritage Site, a UNESCO Biosphere reserve and home to the largest diversity of biota in the country is recognized as a national treasure. The area is perfect for a once in a life-time bird watching experience as it provides refuge to 95% of the endemic birds of Sri Lanka. You will enjoy a hearty dinner at your hotel in Deniyaya and turn down for the night to prepare for an exciting day ahead.
Day 3 & 4
- Nature walk in Sinharaja Rainforest after breakfast/with packed breakfast
- Dinner and overnight stay at Deniyaya hotel
The next morning you will have an early start to your day as you leave to explore the wonders of Sinharaja. A day spent in Sinharaja provides ample opportunities to take breathtaking photos of all kinds of species. The forest is adorned with lush vegetation, pristine waterfalls, bright flowering plants, beautiful birds, reptiles and mammals. You may find yourself capturing some extremely charismatic species such as the rusty spotted cat, fishing cat, purple faced leaf monkey, horned lizards and the blue magpie robin. Our naturalist will guide you during this entire walk. You will also be able to capture incredible pictures of Sri Lanka’s beautiful avifauna as Sinharaja is home to 95% of the endemic bird species in the country. After concluding the walk, you will return to your hotel in Deniyaya for the night.
- Transfer from Deniyaya to Mirissa following breakfast
- Check in at Mirissa hotel
- Relax on the beach/in the hotel
- Overnight stay at Mirissa hotel
The next day you will leave to Mirissa, one of the most beautiful beaches in the country. Famous for attracting whales and dolphins, it is one of the key whale-watching destinations in Sri Lanka. The beach is also ideal for snorkeling, swimming or simply relaxing. You can check in at a hotel in Mirissa and have the entire evening to indulge in any activity that you like. You might be able to catch a beautiful sunset before returning back to your hotel for the night.
- Whale watching in Mirissa Sea
- Visit to Koggala to see Stilt Fishermen in the evening
- Overnight stay in Mirissa hotel
Your next day in Mirissa will be a truly memorable one where you get to fulfil your dream of capturing nature’s biggest creature - the Blue Whale alongside many other fascinating sea creatures such as sperm whales and dolphins. Embarking on your sea adventure as early as possible will increase your chances of seeing these majestic creatures. Our whale-watching program is done in collaboration with a charitable trust that generates employment opportunities for youth from Tsunami affected areas. Following an exciting morning watching whales you will visit Koggala to witness the beautiful scenery of stilt fisherman at work. You are sure to capture postcard perfect photos at this location. You will return to your hotel in Mirissa to unwind after the excitement of the day.
- Transfer from Mirissa to Tangalle following breakfast
- Evening visit to Kalametiya Sanctuary
- Overnight stay at Tangalle hotel
The next morning you will begin your journey to Tangalle from Mirissa. The main destination for the day will the Kalametiya Sanctuary which is home to a lagoon ecosystem and is one of Sri Lanka’s oldest bird sanctuaries. You will be able to explore the mangrove dotted lagoon area by paddle boat and capture wonderful pictures of both waders and forest birds. A unique sighting in Kalametiya are weaver birds and nests. You will return to your hotel in Tangalle for the night.
- Transfer from Tangalle to Tissamaharama
- Check in at the Tissamaharama hotel
- Evening visit to ancient lakes
- Overnight stay at Tissamaharama hotel
The next morning you will begin your journey to Tissamaharama and check in at your next hotel. This is an idyllic city that was once the epicenter of irrigation and cultivation. At present it is the perfect destination to capture the ancient culture and beautiful biodiversity of Sri Lanka. The five ancient lakes that you will get to visit are home to a large number of water fowls and migrant waders. You can spend the day capturing beautiful images of the natural ecosystems and the species in this area. You can retrieve to your hotel in Tissamaharama after you are done for the day.
Day 9 & 10
- Full day safari at Yala National Park
- Overnight stay at Tissamaharama hotel
This day will be an exciting one with a full day safari at Yala National Park.
Yala National Park is one of Sri Lanka’s main dry zone protected areas. It is home to the largest leopard density in the world. Due to the lack of thick vegetation in the park, it is the perfect destination to watch the leopard and take outstanding photographs of the species during early mornings. In addition to the leopards, you can also witness mighty elephants including tuskers, the spotted deer, sambar deer, wild boar, sloth bear, Sri Lankan jackal and a variety of bird species.
After the safari, you will make your way back to the hotel in Tissamaharama for the night.
- Transfer from Tissamaharama to Negombo
- Check in at Negombo hotel
- Evening walk at Negombo beach
- Overnight stay at Negombo hotel
The next day, you will return back to Negombo, a city situated close to Colombo. Known as Little Rome due to its strong catholic influence, Negombo is a destination that boasts a fine balance between modern attractions and ancient wonders. You can visit the local fisherman and capture their freshly harvested seafood, wonder along buildings that have unique personalities influenced by many nations that once colonized Sri Lanka and take a relaxing walk along the golden sands of the beach and maybe even catch a beautiful sunset. You will return to your hotel in Negombo for your final night in Sri Lanka.
Your final day in Sri Lanka can be spent unwinding until it’s time to take the short drive from Negombo to the airport.
END OF TOUR
Terms and Conditions
OUR RATES INCLUDE
- Accommodation in the fully serviced mobile tents / hotels mentioned as per the above itinerary on a DOUBLE sharing basis
- Every day breakfast
- Transportation throughout the tour in an A/C Vehicle with an English-speaking chauffeur guide/national guide.
- Jeep safaris at national parks as mentioned in the programme including,Air transfer from Colombo Airport to Mattala Airport
- Entrance fees to national parks
- 4WD Jeep
- Trekker Fee
- Snacks and water during the safari
- Current prevailing Government taxes and service charges
OUR RATES DO NOT INCLUDE
- Meals not mentioned in the programme
- Any extra beverages or food/snacks consumed
- Whale watching boat safari (during summer season – from May to October)
- Optional activity costs
- Any personal effects not mentioned here
- Tips for the staff
- Personal effects for windy, rainy, warm weather conditions should be considered
- Insect repellents, sun protection creams etc, are highly recommended
- Suitable casual clothing and footwear for outdoor activities
- Full payment with the confirmation
- 90 Days or more - US $ 200 Administrative Fee
- ·60 to 89 Days - 15% of the tour cost will be charged
- ·30 to 59 Days - 25% of the tour cost will be charged
- 14 to 29 Days - 50% of the tour cost will be charged
- 08 to 13 Days - 75% of the tour cost will be charged
- Less than 7 Days -No refund shall be given